Wednesday, January 18, 2012

While I was at Micheal's I came across a few books about cake pops, which reminded me that I wanted to see what they were all about.  So when I got home I looked around online, and found that they seemed pretty easy to make, so I decided to try my hand at it.  They turned out quite wonderful!

 Step One: Bake a cake of your choice.  I chose a chocolate cake that I have been making since I was young.  Let the cake cool.
 Step Two: Cut the cake into pieces.

 Step Three:  Crumble the cake up in a bowl.











Step Four: Get some frosting ready.  I made my own (chocolate butter cream) but store bought is fine too.  I used about a cup and a half.

Step Five: Mix the frosting and cake together until it sticks together and you are able to roll it into balls.


Step Six:  Roll all that cake and frosting mix into balls and stick them in the fridge for a few hours, or in the freezer for a bit.

Step Seven: Melt some chocolate coating.

Step Eight (sorry I have no pictures of this): dip the stick into the melted chocolate and then into the cake ball.  Stick them back in the fridge or freezer for a bit.

Step Nine: Dip them in the chocolate and coating of choice.

Step Ten:  Enjoy!










I'd like to experiment with an "adult" cake pop, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment